Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Snow cones and Expectations

You may think this is a photo of a snow cone after it has been sitting in my car for 3 hours in 90 degree weather. But you would be wrong in thinking that. I'm not going to name names in fear of insulting Kellie Harris McCarrel but I was referred to a snow cone vender by said anonymous person named Kellie. "Josh even liked it! And he hates snow cones" she said. So I talked my dearest husband in to taking me there when we were out and about running errands. We pull up and I order a small Kiwi/Pinacoloda. Now where I'm from, Alpine, we have the greatest snow shack ever situated right near the round about. It's a delight! Full of new faces and opportunities. Anyway, when I order my usual they give me the perfect amount of snow, syrup and a little cream on top to tickle my fancy. They don't just mix the two flavors, they do one on one side, and one on the other so that it doesn't become a jumbled up mess. At this NEW location that I was persuaded in to trying he filled my cup with ice, mixed the two syrups and handed it to me. And this is what he handed me! This is literally what it looked like when he gave it to me. And I'm not trying to be dramatic but it tasted like DEATH! I wanted to cry, scream, hit, and set that place on fire. I can't blame the kid who works there, he was a product of bad management. An old dog can't teach a new dog good tricks if he doesn't know any himself right? Well we drove away. I was disgusted and then I learned 2 very important lessons. 1. NEVER TRY NEW THINGS and 2. Don't trust my dearest trusted friend when it comes to snow cones. ( I should have learned that long ago when she told me she didn't LOVE the place in Alpine). So Christian and I went to Chillis last night (BECAUSE WE HAD A GIFT CARD ANGIE AND JENNA) and I wanted to order something new, then I remembered what it felt like to be disappointed, so I ordered my usual even though they've changed the menu. I make them let me order from the old menu. I enjoyed my meal, and was delighted. The end. Oh and I will never cheat on you again place in Alpine! (Please forgive me for not remembering your name).

2 comments:

The Gregory's said...

I have to agree with you on the snow shack in Alpine, it is the best. I think it is called "Snoasis" I moved away and miss it already! Somehow they can just make the perfect snow cone!

Unknown said...

You crack me up! I don't like snow cones....so I don't quite feel your pain.