Friday, October 8, 2010

Have I told you?

Have I told you about our new favorite food? This salsa is THE BEST salsa I've ever tasted or made. Hands down. Since I found the recipe about a month ago we've made this salsa like 500 times! (More realistically about 5).
Now those of you who know me, especially poor Christian, know that I'm not a great cook like my Mother and elder sister. However, if I may be so bold, I think with this recipe I could beat them both in a salsa cook off.


Mango Salsa
1 Mango
4 or 5 Roma Tomatoes
1 Avacado
1/4 Cup Red Onion
1 Jalapeno
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 Tbs fresh Lime juice- (I squeeze all the juice from 1 whole lime, but I like A LOT of juice)
1 tsp Sat
3 Tbs Olive Oil

Dice all the ingredients and combine. I don't care if it's not summer anymore, this is perfect for every occasion! Especially Football games!

3 comments:

kelliemcc said...

Have I told you I have some lime juice in my fridge you could borrow? Well I just did!

Amber said...

Hey your on girl! No this really looks good I'll have to try it!

Gentry Mickelsen said...

so, I'm beginning to realize you are a fantastic cook! you just never told anyone! I've learned more from you in the last 6 months than anyone. too bad we can't have more get togethers so you can teach me some more. I'm going to have to try this. the Dutch aparently don't believe in salsa and it cost like $10 for a small bottle at the american store. the only problems is the cilantro. its impossible to find here. I packed some dried so I'll see how that works. you are the best!